Monday, February 7, 2011

What are you reading?

So I recently started a Debbie Macomber series. The series is called "Blossom Street" and all together there are nine books. I have never read a book by this author, but my Grandma loves her, and has read most of her books, so I borrowed some from her and thought I would give them a try! Have you ever read any? What did you think of them?

The first book in the series is "The Shop on Blossom Street."
I am only on chapter 3 so I can't really tell you what I think of it yet.
"There's a little yarn shop on Blossom Street in Seattle. It's owned by Lydia Hoffman, and it represents her dreams of a new life free from cancer. A life that offers a chance at love...

Lydia teaches knitting to beginners, and the first class is "Hot TO Make a Baby Blanket." Three women join. Jacqueline Donovan wants to knit something for her grandchild as a gesture of reconciliation with her daughter-in-law. Carol Girard feels that the baby blanket is a message of hope as she makes a final attempt to conveive. And Alix Thownsend is knitting her blanket for a court order community service project.

These four very different women, brought together by an age-old craft, make unexpected discoveries-about themselves and eachother. Discoveries that lead to friendship and more..."

No comments:

Post a Comment